CMT today revealed the second round of high-powered performers set to take the stage for the 2021 “CMT Music Awards.” Hosted by superstars Kelsea Ballerini and Kane Brown, the show airs Wednesday, June 9th at 8:00PM ET/7:00PM CT on CMT, MTV, MTV2, Logo, Paramount Network and TV Land.
Adding to its ever-growing roster of powerhouse performers, this year’s 2021 “CMT Music Awards” will spotlight music’s biggest hitmakers and all-star nominees alongside the next generation of country superstars for even more first-time performances and never-before-seen crossover collaborations. The full list of second round performers includes:
- BRELAND + Mickey Guyton (“Female Video of the Year,” “Breakthrough Video of the Year,” “Video of the Year”)
- Carrie Underwood (“Collaborative Video of the Year,” “Video of the Year”) + NEEDTOBREATHE
- Chris Young (“Collaborative Video of the Year”) + Kane Brown (“Male Video of the Year,” “Collaborative Video of the Year,” “Video of the Year”)
- Kelsea Ballerini (“Female Video of the Year,” “CMT Performance of the Year, “Video of the Year”) + Paul Klein from LANY
- Lady A (“Duo/Group Video of the Year”) + Carly Pearce (“Female Video of the Year”) + Gabby Barrett (“Female Video of the Year”)
- Lauren Alaina + Jon Pardi
- Luke Bryan (“Male Video of the Year”)
- Thomas Rhett (“Male Video of the Year”)
The newly revealed performers will join previously announced can’t-miss solo and collaborative performances from Brothers Osborne + Dierks Bentley, Chris Stapleton, Luke Combs, Mickey Guyton + Gladys Knight and Miranda Lambert, Jack Ingram + Jon Randall.
Country music’s only entirely fan-voted award show returns to celebrate music’s hottest stars, delivering two-and-a-half hours of nonstop performances and one-of-a-kind collaborations in and around Music City. Each winner is selected by the fans with voting now open at vote.cmt.com through Tuesday, June 1st at 3p/2c. At that time, the top six finalists will be revealed for “Video of the Year,” with voting for the night’s most sought-after prize continuing through the show on June 9. A full list of nominations can be found here.
The 2021 “CMT Music Awards” is executive produced by CMT’s Margaret Comeaux, Switched On Entertainment’s John Hamlin and Amy Lin Johnson; the Executives in Charge of Production are Jackie Barba and Heather D. Graffagnino.
Official sponsors of the 2021 “CMT Music Awards” include Lipton Iced Tea, Little Caesars, Ram Truck Brand and Verizon.